Thursday 7 June 2007

Our first impromptu picnic


I'd shut up the garden this afternoon to try (without much success) to get some essential, but not so interesting, admin done along with a few household chores as, due to the weather being so good lately, I've just been on the allotment and neglecting the house. Hey, it happens ;)


But, as I was hanging out the washing I heard some small voices and another voice saying 'well, we'll have to come back another day'. I couldn't risk disappointing small visitors, so I dashed back in to get the key, unlocked the gate and followed them up the path, where luckily they'd been delayed by long-time allotment holder Alan, who also helps out with the school's Green Fingers Club on a Wednesday


So, after a quick tour of his polytunnels, it was back to the garden for a picnic and a record-breaking nine five-year-olds sat in the willow dome...

No comments: